ABOUT THE JOURNAL
The Latin American Literary Review is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal devoted to the literature of Latin America (including the United States) and Brazil. It is published semiannually in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Since its appearance in the Fall of 1972, the magazine has been very well received, and has aroused national and international interest. It is directed by Professor Debra A. Castillo.
Bringing to its readers the most recent writing of some of the leading scholars and critics in the fields of Hispanic and Portuguese literature, the Latin American Literary Review is of interest to all libraries and institutions of higher learning, and especially to all departments of English, Modern Languages, Latin American Studies, and Comparative Literature.
Beginning in 2016, the journal is moving to an open-access online platform, administered through the Latin American Studies Association.
ARTICLE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Articles are accepted in English, Spanish, and Portugese.
You will receive an acknowledgement email as soon as we have received and processed the article. All submissions should conform to the MLA Style Manual.
Please send an electronic copy of your article to:
Debra A. Castillo, Editor
Department of Comparative Literature
Goldwin Smith Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Articles that have been accepted for publication in the Review must be resent to the LALRP editorial offices completely proofread and ready for printing according to the following specifications:
1) Only one space should follow periods and other punctuation
2) Endnote numbers should be placed after parentheses, periods, and other punctuation
3) If available, the italicizing function should be used rather than the underlining function to designate foreign words, titles, etc.
4) Paragraph and columns should be created with TABS or the paragraph offset function
5) The views expressed by the contributors do not necessarily represent those of the Editors
REVIEW SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Please send books for review to:
Book Review Editor, Latin American Literary Review
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
1860 Campus Drive - Crowe Hall 1-141
Evanston, IL 60208-2161